Metro Station -- Cleveland Park:
- Bruce Guthrie Photos Home Page: [Click here] to go to Bruce Guthrie Photos home page.
- Description of Pictures: This was one of the 19 Metro stations closed due to Covid-19.
Metrorail stations closed due to COVID-19 pandemic
Advisory Effective: 3/23/20 - 5/1/20
Metro service is for ESSENTIAL TRAVEL ONLY. In an effort to protect the health and safety of Metro’s employees and customers and to conserve critical supplies the following 19 stations are closed. Please use adjacent stations, no shuttle buses will be provided. Parking lots at closed stations will also be closed.
- Recognize anyone? If you recognize specific folks (or other stuff) and I haven't labeled them, please identify them for the world. Click the little pencil icon underneath the file name (just above the picture). Spammers need not apply.
- Copyrights: All pictures were taken by amateur photographer Bruce Guthrie (me!) who retains copyright on them. Free for non-commercial use with attribution. See the [Creative Commons] definition of what this means. "Photos (c) Bruce Guthrie" is fine for attribution. (Commercial use folks including AI scrapers can of course contact me.) Feel free to use in publications and pages with attribution but you don't have permission to sell the photos themselves. A free copy of any printed publication using any photographs is requested. Descriptive text, if any, is from a mixture of sources, quite frequently from signs at the location or from official web sites; copyrights, if any, are retained by their original owners.
- Spiders: The system has identified your IP as being a spider. I love well-behaved spiders! They are, in fact, how most people find my site. Unfortunately, my network has a limited bandwidth and pictures take up bandwidth. Spiders ask for lots and lots of pages and chew up lots and lots of bandwidth which slows things down considerably for regular folk. To counter this, you'll see all the text on the page but the images are being suppressed. Also, a number of options like merges are being blocked for you.
Note: Permission is NOT granted for spiders, robots, etc to use the site for AI-generation purposes. I'm excited for your ability to make revenue from my work but there's nothing in that for my human users or for me.
If you are in fact human, please email me at email@example.com and I can check if your designation was made in error. Given your number of hits, that's unlikely but what the hell.
- Help? The Medium (Email) links are for screen viewing and emailing. You'll want bigger sizes for printing. [Click here for additional help]
- Specific picture descriptions: Photos above with "i" icons next to the bracketed sequence numbers (e.g. " ") are described as follows:
- METCPK_200425_01.JPG: NOTICE
This station is CLOSED
- METCPK_200425_08.JPG: Station Alert
Visit wmata.com or call 202-637-7000 for the latest service status information.
- Wikipedia Description: Cleveland Park station
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cleveland Park is a rapid transit station on the Red Line of the Washington Metro. Located in the neighborhood of the same name in Washington DC, it opened on December 5, 1981.
The station serves the residential Cleveland Park neighborhood in Northwestern Washington. Its principal attraction is the National Zoological Park; the zoo is not only a downhill walk from this station, but also 106 feet closer from Cleveland Park than from Woodley Park-Zoo/Adams Morgan station. Across Porter Street NW lies the Adas Israel Congregation, the District's largest Conservative Jewish synagogue. The historic Art Deco Uptown Theater is located across Ordway Street NW to the south.
While Cleveland Park was part of the initial system plan in 1959, the station opened on December 5, 1981, five years after the first segment began operations. Its opening coincided with the completion of 2.1 miles (3.4 km) of rail northwest of the Dupont Circle station and the opening of Van Ness–UDC and Woodley Park stations.
- Bigger photos? To save server space, the full-sized versions of these images have either not been loaded to the server or have been removed from the server. (Only some pages are loaded with full-sized images and those usually get removed after three months.)
I still have them though. If you want me to email them to you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and I can email them to you, or, depending on the number of images, just repost the page again will the full-sized images.
- Connection Not Secure messages? Those warnings you get from your browser about this site not having secure connections worry some people. This means this site does not have SSL installed (the link is http:, not https:). That's bad if you're entering credit card numbers, passwords, or other personal information. But this site doesn't collect any personal information so SSL is not necessary. Life's good!
- Photo Contact: [Email Bruce Guthrie].