DC -- Public Art: Murals by TRAV:
- Bruce Guthrie Photos Home Page: [Click here] to go to Bruce Guthrie Photos home page.
- Recognize anyone? If you recognize specific folks (or other stuff) and I haven't labeled them, please identify them for the world. Click the little pencil icon underneath the file name (just above the picture). Spammers need not apply.
- Copyrights: All pictures were taken by amateur photographer Bruce Guthrie (me!) who retains copyright on them. Free for non-commercial use with attribution. See the [Creative Commons] definition of what this means. "Photos (c) Bruce Guthrie" is fine for attribution. (Commercial use folks including AI scrapers can of course contact me.) Feel free to use in publications and pages with attribution but you don't have permission to sell the photos themselves. A free copy of any printed publication using any photographs is requested. Descriptive text, if any, is from a mixture of sources, quite frequently from signs at the location or from official web sites; copyrights, if any, are retained by their original owners.
- Spiders: The system has identified your IP as being a spider. I love well-behaved spiders! They are, in fact, how most people find my site. Unfortunately, my network has a limited bandwidth and pictures take up bandwidth. Spiders ask for lots and lots of pages and chew up lots and lots of bandwidth which slows things down considerably for regular folk. To counter this, you'll see all the text on the page but the images are being suppressed. Also, a number of options like merges are being blocked for you.
Note: Permission is NOT granted for spiders, robots, etc to use the site for AI-generation purposes. I'm excited for your ability to make revenue from my work but there's nothing in that for my human users or for me.
If you are in fact human, please email me at email@example.com and I can check if your designation was made in error. Given your number of hits, that's unlikely but what the hell.
- Help? The Medium (Email) links are for screen viewing and emailing. You'll want bigger sizes for printing. [Click here for additional help]
- Specific picture descriptions: Photos above with "i" icons next to the bracketed sequence numbers (e.g. " ") are described as follows:
- MURTRA_181114_07.JPG: TRAV
Los Angeles, CA
Wescover creator since 2020
Multifaceted artist who excels in large-scale murals and space activations.
TRAV is a Los Angeles based artist who has made a name for himself painting graffiti throughout the United States. He is an active member of THE SEVENTH LETTER and MAD SOCIETY KINGS artist collective.
TRAV’S work has shifted to document current times in society as we evolve from the physical world and emerge into our devices.
TRAV pays homage to the craftsmanship of an older generation while embracing current technology to produce his work.
TRAV has chosen to focus on creating public work around this narrative to give back to the community.
TRAV collages photographs of vintage signs and typography with in his various compositions that overlay and interact with geometric patterns and gestures.
TRAV bounces between Studio, Public and commercial work cohesively by staying true to his narrative and true to himself. He believes living life on your own terms is essential to his process.
His work stands somewhere between fine art and graffiti. TRAV has moved beyond the sphere of traditional graffiti to occupy a more permanent legacy.
The above was from https://www.wescover.com/p/street-murals-by-trav-at-1200-first-st-ne--PByAr1jbpL
- Bigger photos? To save server space, the full-sized versions of these images have either not been loaded to the server or have been removed from the server. (Only some pages are loaded with full-sized images and those usually get removed after three months.)
I still have them though. If you want me to email them to you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and I can email them to you, or, depending on the number of images, just repost the page again will the full-sized images.
- Connection Not Secure messages? Those warnings you get from your browser about this site not having secure connections worry some people. This means this site does not have SSL installed (the link is http:, not https:). That's bad if you're entering credit card numbers, passwords, or other personal information. But this site doesn't collect any personal information so SSL is not necessary. Life's good!
- Photo Contact: [Email Bruce Guthrie].