Broadside Mount Shop:
Completed in 1941, Building 202 was constructed for the production of heavy ordnance as a direct result of the United States' involvement in World War II. The building housed the Broadside Mount Shop, which combined functions of the existing Gun Carriage Shop, Forge Shop, and Foundries. The shop manufactured, tested, overhauled, and shipped advanced ordnance equipment such as gun mounts and rocket launchers. Boring mills and other high-precision equipment produced units with tolerances as low as .0002 of an inch.