SRENOV_130823_073
Existing comment:
Courtyard & Fountains:

Courtyard, c 1873:
This is the earliest known photograph of the courtyard. It was taken by Titian Ramsay Peale, a patent examiner who was the son of Charles Willson Peale, the noted American painter and naturalist. Here the west fountain is in place, and the landscaping consists only of walkways.

East Fountain, 1968:
Flowers in pots have been placed around the perimeter of the fountain's cast-iron base. Though documentation for the fountains had not survived, 19th-century catalogues from Mott Brothers and Robert Wood offer similar fountains.

Courtyard, c. 1973:
Two elm trees shade the courtyard, and seasonal flowers have been planted in beds on the lawns. This view looks east, with the west fountain in the foreground.
Modify description