Segment of Fountain, c 1868:
Each fountain was 17 feet 4 inches in diameter and was cast in segments joined together by brackets of stylized foliage. The segments were embedded in a flat concrete base that formed the bottom of the fountain. When the fountains were disassembled for the excavation of the courtyard, they were found to be in poor condition. Reconstruction was not deemed feasible, and the fountain parts are currently in storage.
Urn from Fountain, c 1974:
In the 1970s, eight classical cast-cement urns for flowers were added to the perimeter of each fountain, replacing the earlier, more informal flowerpots.