Dwight D. Eisenhower Executive Oﬃce Building
First known as the State, War, and Navy Department Building (built 1871-1888), the Eisenhower Executive Office Building was rededicated in 2002 to honor former President Dwight D. Eisenhower, who worked here between 1927 and 1935 for Generals Pershing, Moseley, and MacArthur. From this location President Eisenhower held the first presidential press conference televised live on January 19, 1955.
The Eisenhower Executive Office Building is a National Historic Landmark for its architectural significance and historical association. To learn about the building's history and its more notable occupants, or to take a virtual tour of the Victorian interior, visit: www.whitehouse.gov/history/eeobtour/