The building on the end is 700 Jackson Place. Plaque:
Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
700 Jackson Place
has been designed a National Historic Landmark. This site possesses national significance in commemorating the history of the United States of America, National Park Service, 1974.
From 1910 to 1948, it served as the first headquarters of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. It was endowed by Andrew Carnegie to "hasten the abolition of international war."
The townhouse was built in 1860 for Dr. Peter Parker, founder of medical missions in China who occupied the building 1861-1888. He was the US minister to China, 1855-57.
The Bureau of Pan American Republics, which was the forerunner of the Pan American Union, was housed here 1888-1908.
General Services Administration