GTOWN_201020_01
Existing comment:
"Evermay"
Samuel Davidson, a Scot of original character, purchased the site and built Evermay, 1792-1794, with proceeds of the sale of lands he owned which include part of the present site of the White House and Lafayette Square. Davidson was buried in a corner of Evermay which now belongs to Oak Hill Cemetery. His estate passed to a nephew in Scotland, Lewis Grant, who accepted the condition that he move to Georgetown and assume the Davidson surname, F. Lammot Belin, the fifth owner of the property, restored Evermay in 1924.
Modify description