FFAX_140816_122
Existing comment:
Old Fairfax Jail
Built in late 19th Century
Old Town Fairfax

The original “gaol” (1802) burned down in 1884. The Alexandria jail was used until this building was completed. The last jailer, Mr. William F. Lowe, and his family lived in the front quarters of this building until 1954. The structure is of the Italianate architecture.
Modify description