ENG24O_200418_18
Existing comment:
The Former Engine Co 24 of the District of Columbia Fire Department

The facade of the original house for Engine Company 24 was located at 3702 Georgia Avenue, N.W. just north of this site. Built in 1911, the firehouse was designed by Luther Leisenring and Charles Gregg. It originally housed horses and horse-drawn equipment. Within one year of its opening, it became the first station in the city to be fully motorized. Engine Company 24 relocated to a new facility in July 1994. The facade of the original building was relocated and integrated into the chiller plant for the Georgia Avenue-Petworth Metrorail station in December 1995 by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority.

The Government of the District of Columbia
Mayor Marion Barry Jr.
In Cooperation with the D.C. Preservation League
Modify description