DOCSFT_150205_081
Existing comment:
This aerial view, circa 1925, looks west down the vertical line of Constitution Avenue (then "B" Street) and the diagonal of Pennsylvania Avenue towards the Ellipse in front of the White House. The National Museum Building (now the Museum of Natural History) on the left stands directly across from the row of sheds of the Center Market and the Old Post Office Building, with its tower to the right. The photograph reveals the chaotic appearance of the commercial buildings between the two major avenues before the construction of the monumental edifices that filled the triangular area known as the "Federal Triangle."
Modify description