DANADC_180823_045
Existing comment:
War of 1812
During the War of 1812, the present-day Fort Landscape became strategically important once again. In 1814, New Yorkers rebuilt and connected the old British forts in this area to protect Manhattan against a threatened British invasion from the north, and gave them the names we still use today: Nutter's Battery, Fort Clinton, and Fort Fish. They also constructed a gatehouse over Kingsbridge Road to control access through McGowan's Pass.
Modify description