DANADC_180823_006
Existing comment:
A View Into the Past

Fort Clinton was named after New York Mayor (and later, Governor) DeWitt Clinton, who played a lead role in building new defenses for New York City during the War of 1812.

Fort Fish was named after Nicholas Fish, the Chairman of the Committee of Defense in New York City during the War of 1812.

Nutter's Battery was named after Valentine Nutter, a local land owner at the time of the war.
Modify description