PATTPK_140413_101
Existing comment:
This Cannon Marks Rodgers Bastion
1814-1914
This cannon marks Rodgers Bastion which formed part of a chain of fortifications extending from the river front to and beyond the site of the present Johns Hopkins Hospital, manned in part by an auxiliary naval force, under immediate command of Commodore John Rodgers. These, with other troops, amounting in all to some 12000 men, with 100 guns were under General Samuel Smith, Commander-in-Chief of all forces in the field.
Proposed user comment: