Otto and Addie Kahn Mansion
British architect J. Stenhouse Armstrong worked with C.P.H. Gilbert to create this magnificent limestone mansion, constructed in 1914-18 and modeled on the 15th century Palazzo Della Cancelleria in Rome. The clients, banker Otto Khan and his wife Addie Wolff Kahn, were philanthropists and among New York's most generous art patrons. Among the notable architectural features is the recessed carriageway on the East 91st Street facade. After Kahn's death in 1934, the house was sold to the Convent of the Sacred Heart for use as a girls' school.
New York Landmarks Preservation Foundation