formerly the Knox Building
Built in 1901-2, this is one of the finest Beaux Arts commercial buildings in New York City. It is distinguished by its limestone rustication and two-storied mansard roof. It was designed by John H. Duncan as headquarters for the Knox Hat Company. In 1964-65 the firm of Kahn & Jacobs converted the hat store space into banking facilities.
New York Landmarks Preservation Foundation