GBG_190809_63
Existing comment:
Park Street Church

The English architect Peter Banner designed Park Street Church. It was built in 1809 on the site of the old Granary for which the adjoining burying ground, much older than the church, was named.

On July 4, 1829, William Lloyd Garrison delivered his first anti-slavery speech here and so launched his emancipation campaign with the words: “Since the cause of emancipation must progress heavily, and must meet with much unhallowed opposition – why delay the work?”
Proposed user comment: