CALLBX_200425_25
Existing comment:
2. Commerce

Connecticut Avenue's commercial corridor, between Macomb and Ordway, reflects changes in retail that followed changes in modes of transportation from 1890 streetcar, to automobiles, to the Cleveland Park Metro Station in 1981. Individual stores on the east side reflect the retail pattern in the 1920's. The Park and Shop, was a new concept then, with stores connected by an exterior awning and a revolutionary shared parking lot.

Artist: Eleanor Oliver
Accepted user comment:
(none so far)
Proposed user comment: