CALLBX_200425_14
Existing comment:
Roma Restaurant

Cleveland Park was named for Grover Cleveland who bought a country house on now Newark Street in 1886. In the 1890s, electrified streetcars ran on Connecticut and Wisconsin Avenues and led to the development of the Cleveland Park "suburb".

Shops and restaurants followed the development, with the Roma Restaurant and its Italian Garden at 3419 Connecticut Avenue remaining popular from the 1930s until it closed in 1997.

Artist: Mary Belcher
Accepted user comment:
(none so far)
Proposed user comment: