Bostwick was built in 1746 for Christopher Lowndes, a Bladensburg merchant and Town Commissioner, and was later the home of Lowndes' son-in-law, Benjamin Stoddert, first Secretary of the Navy. Probably the earliest surviving building in Bladensburg, Bostwick stands high on a terraced lawn, and is a prominent landmark in the town.
Carleton Mill Site
George Washington House:
The George Washington House was once an inn along a major north-south turnpike route between Washington and Annapolis. It was reportedly a stopover for George Washington when travelling between his Mount Vernon home and Philadelphia or New York.
During the War of 1812, the British established their artillery position near here consisting of one 6 pounder and two small 3 pounder cannons.