DC -- Rally: 2023 March on Washington:
- Bruce Guthrie Photos Home Page: [Click here] to go to Bruce Guthrie Photos home page.
- Description of Pictures: The 2023 March on Washington will set the tone for 2024 exactly 60 years since Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and other Civil Rights Leaders organized the pivotal March on Washington in August 1963.
As the nation reckons with historic levels of violent hate crimes and threats to its democracy, we must continue the decades old fight for democracy, social justice, and civil rights. Join me, Martin Luther King lll, Arndrea Waters King, Yolanda Renee King, Drum Major Institute, National Action Network, and more on August 26, 2023 at the Lincoln Memorial for the 60th anniversary March on Washington.
It’s Not A Commemoration, It’s A Continuation! We March On!
- Recognize anyone? If you recognize specific folks (or other stuff) and I haven't labeled them, please identify them for the world. Click the little pencil icon underneath the file name (just above the picture). Spammers need not apply.
- Copyrights: All pictures were taken by amateur photographer Bruce Guthrie (me!) who retains copyright on them. Free for non-commercial use with attribution. See the [Creative Commons] definition of what this means. "Photos (c) Bruce Guthrie" is fine for attribution. (Commercial use folks including AI scrapers can of course contact me.) Feel free to use in publications and pages with attribution but you don't have permission to sell the photos themselves. A free copy of any printed publication using any photographs is requested. Descriptive text, if any, is from a mixture of sources, quite frequently from signs at the location or from official web sites; copyrights, if any, are retained by their original owners.
- Accessing as Spider: The system has identified your IP as being a spider.
IP Address: 220.127.116.11 -- Domain: Amazon Technologies
I love well-behaved spiders! They are, in fact, how most people find my site. Unfortunately, my network has a limited bandwidth and pictures take up bandwidth. Spiders ask for lots and lots of pages and chew up lots and lots of bandwidth which slows things down considerably for regular folk. To counter this, you'll see all the text on the page but the images are being suppressed. Also, some system options like merges are being blocked for you.
Note: Permission is NOT granted for spiders, robots, etc to use the site for AI-generation purposes. I'm sure you're thrilled by your ability to make revenue from my work but there's nothing in that for my human users or for me.
If you are in fact human, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can check if your designation was made in error. Given your number of hits, that's unlikely but what the hell.
- Help? The Medium (Email) links are for screen viewing and emailing. You'll want bigger sizes for printing. [Click here for additional help]
- Specific picture descriptions: Photos above with "i" icons next to the bracketed sequence numbers (e.g. " ") are described as follows:
- MOW_230826_001.JPG: Requesting federal investigation
Misuse of police power
Firefighter gets preferential treatment
Police officers gets [sic] promoted to Sgt
[ The figures listed are from Cincinnati ]
- MOW_230826_025.JPG: Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
Stop Voter Suppression!
- MOW_230826_027.JPG: Because of the construction at the Lincoln Memorial, speakers couldn't be on the higher platform so you couldn't see them very well. Also, crowd control kept regular people away from the podium.
- MOW_230826_037.JPG: Much of the crowd was blocked from seeing the speakers by large tents.
- MOW_230826_054.JPG: The Machinists Union celebrates the 60th Anniversary of the March on Washington
- MOW_230826_083.JPG: It was a hot day so the crowd preferred shade which kept them even farther from the podium. You can't see it at all from here.
- MOW_230826_129.JPG: Civil Rights Should be a Reality
Not a Dream
- MOW_230826_132.JPG: I have a Dream that we will all wake up from the American Nightmare created by right-wing racists and corrupt politicians
- MOW_230826_149.JPG: Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Forward with Fortitude
March on Washington 60 -- Not a commemoration, a continuation
- MOW_230826_168.JPG: Because of the heat, not many people stood by the barriers to get a closer look.
- MOW_230826_170.JPG: With my ultra zoom, I could get a reasonable view of the speakers but it was too hot to stick around.
- MOW_230826_184.JPG: You can barely see the Marion Anderson Beyond Granite piece on the far left.
- MOW_230826_246.JPG: Protect Voting Rights
People's Organization for Progress
- MOW_230826_314.JPG: I am marching for...
My queer child & LGBTQ+ community to live fully, equally and love whomever they want.
- Bigger photos? To save server space, the full-sized versions of these images have either not been loaded to the server or have been removed from the server. (Only some pages are loaded with full-sized images and those usually get removed after three months.)
I still have them though. If you want me to email them to you, please send an email to email@example.com
and I can email them to you, or, depending on the number of images, just repost the page again will the full-sized images.
- Connection Not Secure messages? Those warnings you get from your browser about this site not having secure connections worry some people. This means this site does not have SSL installed (the link is http:, not https:). That's bad if you're entering credit card numbers, passwords, or other personal information. But this site doesn't collect any personal information so SSL is not necessary. Life's good!
- Photo Contact: [Email Bruce Guthrie].