MD -- Silver Spring -- AFI Silver Theatre:
- AFI Home Page: [Click here] to go to the AFI/Silver home page.
- Bruce Guthrie Photos Home Page: [Click here] to go to Bruce Guthrie Photos home page.
- Description of Pictures: Vaccination cards are required starting September 1.
- Recognize anyone? If you recognize specific folks (or other stuff) and I haven't labeled them, please identify them for the world. Click the little pencil icon underneath the file name (just above the picture). Spammers need not apply.
- Copyrights: All pictures were taken by amateur photographer Bruce Guthrie (me!) who retains copyright on them. Free for non-commercial use with attribution. See the [Creative Commons] definition of what this means. "Photos (c) Bruce Guthrie" is fine for attribution. (Commercial use folks including AI scrapers can of course contact me.) Feel free to use in publications and pages with attribution but you don't have permission to sell the photos themselves. A free copy of any printed publication using any photographs is requested. Descriptive text, if any, is from a mixture of sources, quite frequently from signs at the location or from official web sites; copyrights, if any, are retained by their original owners.
- Accessing as Spider: The system has identified your IP as being a spider.
IP Address: 18.104.22.168 -- Domain: Amazon Technologies
I love well-behaved spiders! They are, in fact, how most people find my site. Unfortunately, my network has a limited bandwidth and pictures take up bandwidth. Spiders ask for lots and lots of pages and chew up lots and lots of bandwidth which slows things down considerably for regular folk. To counter this, you'll see all the text on the page but the images are being suppressed. Also, some system options like merges are being blocked for you.
Note: Permission is NOT granted for spiders, robots, etc to use the site for AI-generation purposes. I'm sure you're thrilled by your ability to make revenue from my work but there's nothing in that for my human users or for me.
If you are in fact human, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can check if your designation was made in error. Given your number of hits, that's unlikely but what the hell.
- Help? The Medium (Email) links are for screen viewing and emailing. You'll want bigger sizes for printing. [Click here for additional help]
- Specific picture descriptions: Photos above with "i" icons next to the bracketed sequence numbers (e.g. " ") are described as follows:
- AFI_210425_015.JPG: Virtual Screening Room
- AFI_210425_022.JPG: AFI Silver
We are planning for our eventual, safe re-opening, in accordance with local guidelines.
Visit our Virtual Screen Room at AFI.com/Silver to export at-home movie viewing options to support us until we open our doors.
- AFI_210425_028.JPG: [For some reason, the original pre-closure notice was still on the door,]
A Message About COVID-19
The health and safety of our customers and employees is extremely important to us. AFI Silver continues to be OPEN for business, with some additional precautionary measures in place.
We have taken steps to minimize risk with more frequent and expanded cleaning efforts, with a particular focus on more highly trafficked areas and commonly touched places like arm rests, doors and door handles, countertops and faucets.
In response to Governor Hogan's directive, we are going a step further, limiting seating in each theater to 50% of capacity, keeping audience size well below the permitted 250 persons, and providing ample space for social distancing.
We will continue to monitor and follow guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as local and state public health authorities.
Thank you for your support and cooperation.
- AFI_210425_062.JPG: Se Requieren mascaras o cubiertas faciales mientras se encuentre en esta instalacion gubernamental.
Por Orden del Ejecutivo del Condado
[ Masks or face coverings are required while in this government facility.
By Order of the County Executive ]
- AFI_210425_081.JPG: AFI Silver Theatre
A weekly podcast from the AFI Silver programming team.
Join Todd Hitchcock (AFI), Abbie Algar (AFI) and Ben Delgado (AFI) as they discuss the latest offerings in our Virtual Screen Room and recommend additional titles to stream at home.
- AFI_210902_220.JPG: AFI Silver
Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID-19 PCR Required for Entry Starting September 1
Proof of Vaccination:
Government-issued photo ID + one of the following which includes your name, type of COVID-19 vaccine provided and date last dose administered:
* vaccination card
* photo of your vaccination card as a separate document
* photo of your vaccination card stored on a phone or electronic device
* MyIR digital vaccination certificate from Maryland or DC
* Virginia Immunization Information System (VIIS) vaccination certificate (as a separate document or a digital certificate on your phone/device)
* documentation of full vaccination from a healthcare provider (which includes your name and confirms that you're fully vaccinated* against COVID-19)
* CLEAR app digital vaccination certificate
PROOF OF A NEGATIVE TEST
Government-issued photo ID + negative COVID-19 PCR test within three (3) days of visit.
Please be advised that "rapid/antigen" and "antibody" test results are not accepted.
- AFI_210902_224.JPG: Face Coverings Required In This Building
Per Board of Health Regulation 19-975
Effective August 7, 2021
Proof of Vaccination
Negative COVID-19 PCR Test
Required for entry
Starting September 1
- AFI_210902_229.JPG: Maryland residents: register with MyIR
(also available for residents of DC, WV)
1. On your smart phone or electronic device, log in to MyIRmobile.com
2. Choose the state you live in, and enter your info.
3. Display your proof of vaccination.
- AFI_210902_264.JPG: Proof of Vaccination
Negative COVID-19 PCR Test
Required for entry
Starting September 1
- AFI_211015_02.JPG: AFI Silver
What to know for your show:
1. Proof of vaccination or negative Covid PCR test (within 72 hrs) AND government-issued photo ID required for entry.
2. Masks must be worn at all times, except while consuming concessions at your seat.
- AFI_211205_04.JPG: Proof of Vaccination Required for Entry
- AFI_211207_03.JPG: Ways to pass the time while washing your hands.
Wash your hands with soap and water and recite this with a Valley Girl inflection for 20 seconds.
"But people came that, like, did not RSVP. So I was, like, totally buggin'. I had to haul ass to the kitchen, redistribute the food, squish in extra place settings. But, by the end of the day it was, like, the more the merrier! And so, if the government could just get to the kitchen, rearrange some things, we could certainly party with the Haitians. And in conclusion, may I please remind you that it does not say "RSVP" on the Statue of Liberty."
-- Cher Horowitz, CLUELESS (1995)
- AFI_211207_10.JPG: Ways to pass the time while washing your hands.
Wash your hands with soap and water and recite this with a sense of trepidation for 20 seconds.
"Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself. This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. [opens hand, unveiling blue pill] You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. [opens hand, unveiling red pill] You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."
-- Morpheus, THE MATRIX (1999)
- AFI_211207_19.JPG: Ways to pass the time while washing your hands.
Wash your hands with soap and water and recite this with a gradual decrease in speed for 20 seconds.
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
-- Roy Batty, BLADE RUNNER (1982)
- Bigger photos? To save server space, the full-sized versions of these images have either not been loaded to the server or have been removed from the server. (Only some pages are loaded with full-sized images and those usually get removed after three months.)
I still have them though. If you want me to email them to you, please send an email to email@example.com
and I can email them to you, or, depending on the number of images, just repost the page again will the full-sized images.
- Connection Not Secure messages? Those warnings you get from your browser about this site not having secure connections worry some people. This means this site does not have SSL installed (the link is http:, not https:). That's bad if you're entering credit card numbers, passwords, or other personal information. But this site doesn't collect any personal information so SSL is not necessary. Life's good!
- Photo Contact: [Email Bruce Guthrie].