MD -- Silver Spring -- AFI Silver Theatre:
- AFI Home Page: [Click here] to go to the AFI/Silver home page.
- Bruce Guthrie Photos Home Page: [Click here] to go to Bruce Guthrie Photos home page.
- Description of Pictures: Closed due to Covid-19.
- Recognize anyone? If you recognize specific folks (or other stuff) and I haven't labeled them, please identify them for the world. Click the little pencil icon underneath the file name (just above the picture). Spammers need not apply.
- Copyrights: All pictures were taken by amateur photographer Bruce Guthrie (me!) who retains copyright on them. Free for non-commercial use with attribution. See the [Creative Commons] definition of what this means. "Photos (c) Bruce Guthrie" is fine for attribution. (Commercial use folks including AI scrapers can of course contact me.) Feel free to use in publications and pages with attribution but you don't have permission to sell the photos themselves. A free copy of any printed publication using any photographs is requested. Descriptive text, if any, is from a mixture of sources, quite frequently from signs at the location or from official web sites; copyrights, if any, are retained by their original owners.
- Accessing as Spider: The system has identified your IP as being a spider.
IP Address: 220.127.116.11 -- Domain: Amazon Technologies
I love well-behaved spiders! They are, in fact, how most people find my site. Unfortunately, my network has a limited bandwidth and pictures take up bandwidth. Spiders ask for lots and lots of pages and chew up lots and lots of bandwidth which slows things down considerably for regular folk. To counter this, you'll see all the text on the page but the images are being suppressed. Also, some system options like merges are being blocked for you.
Note: Permission is NOT granted for spiders, robots, etc to use the site for AI-generation purposes. I'm sure you're thrilled by your ability to make revenue from my work but there's nothing in that for my human users or for me.
If you are in fact human, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can check if your designation was made in error. Given your number of hits, that's unlikely but what the hell.
- Help? The Medium (Email) links are for screen viewing and emailing. You'll want bigger sizes for printing. [Click here for additional help]
- Specific picture descriptions: Photos above with "i" icons next to the bracketed sequence numbers (e.g. " ") are described as follows:
- AFI_200326_07.JPG: AFI Silver Theatre is Temporarily Closed
In accordance with Gov. Hogan's March 16 Executive Order, AFI Silver Theatre is temporarily closed.
No re-opening date has yet been determined. For updates, please visit AFI.com/Silver.
- AFI_200326_11.JPG: A Message About COVID-19
The health and safety of our customers and employees is extremely important to us. AFI Silver continues to be OPEN for business, with some additional precautionary measures in place.
We have taken steps to minimize risk with more frequent and expanded cleaning efforts, with a particular focus on more highly trafficked areas and commonly touched places like arm rests, doors and door handles, countertops and faucets.
In response to Governor Hogan's directive, we are going a step further, limiting seating in each theater to 50% of capacity, keeping audience size well below the permitted 250 persons, and providing ample space for social distancing.
We will continue to monitor and follow guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as local and state public health authorities.
Thank you for your support and cooperation.
- AFI_200326_16.JPG: Stream FANSTIC FUNGI
Thursday, March 26
A portion of the proceeds go to supporting the AFI Silver Theatre!
- AFI_200326_28.JPG: Order of the Governor of the State of Maryland
Prohibiting large gathering and events and closing senior centers
- AFI_200527_16.JPG: Your support counts - Donate today
- AFI_200527_31.JPG: Visit our Virtual Screening Room at AFI.com/Silver
- AFI_200601_10.JPG: Your Support Counts - Donate Today
- AFI_200601_14.JPG: Visit our Virtual Screen Room at AFI.com/Silver
- AFI_200601_22.JPG: Your Support Counts - Donate Today
- AFI_200805_008.JPG: AFI Marquee:
We stand in solidarity against racism and social injustice. Black Lives Matter. We may not have chosen the time, but the time has chosen us. -- John Lewis
- AFI_200825_39.JPG: We stand in solidarity against racism and social injustice
- AFI_200825_48.JPG: Black Lives Matter. We may not have chosen the time,
- Bigger photos? To save server space, the full-sized versions of these images have either not been loaded to the server or have been removed from the server. (Only some pages are loaded with full-sized images and those usually get removed after three months.)
I still have them though. If you want me to email them to you, please send an email to email@example.com
and I can email them to you, or, depending on the number of images, just repost the page again will the full-sized images.
- Connection Not Secure messages? Those warnings you get from your browser about this site not having secure connections worry some people. This means this site does not have SSL installed (the link is http:, not https:). That's bad if you're entering credit card numbers, passwords, or other personal information. But this site doesn't collect any personal information so SSL is not necessary. Life's good!
- Photo Contact: [Email Bruce Guthrie].