DC -- AU Park -- Tenley Friendship Neighborhood Library (4450 Wisconsin Ave. NW):
- Bruce Guthrie Photos Home Page: [Click here] to go to Bruce Guthrie Photos home page.
- Description of Pictures: I always find this building interesting on the outside. Some day I have to go inside and check it out.
- Recognize anyone? If you recognize specific folks (or other stuff) and I haven't labeled them, please identify them for the world. Click the little pencil icon underneath the file name (just above the picture). Spammers need not apply.
- Copyrights: All pictures were taken by amateur photographer Bruce Guthrie (me!) who retains copyright on them. Free for non-commercial use with attribution. See the [Creative Commons] definition of what this means. "Photos (c) Bruce Guthrie" is fine for attribution. (Commercial use folks including AI scrapers can of course contact me.) Feel free to use in publications and pages with attribution but you don't have permission to sell the photos themselves. A free copy of any printed publication using any photographs is requested. Descriptive text, if any, is from a mixture of sources, quite frequently from signs at the location or from official web sites; copyrights, if any, are retained by their original owners.
- Spiders: The system has identified your IP as being a spider. I love well-behaved spiders! They are, in fact, how most people find my site. Unfortunately, my network has a limited bandwidth and pictures take up bandwidth. Spiders ask for lots and lots of pages and chew up lots and lots of bandwidth which slows things down considerably for regular folk. To counter this, you'll see all the text on the page but the images are being suppressed. Also, a number of options like merges are being blocked for you.
Note: Permission is NOT granted for spiders, robots, etc to use the site for AI-generation purposes. I'm excited for your ability to make revenue from my work but there's nothing in that for my human users or for me.
If you are in fact human, please email me at email@example.com and I can check if your designation was made in error. Given your number of hits, that's unlikely but what the hell.
- Help? The Medium (Email) links are for screen viewing and emailing. You'll want bigger sizes for printing. [Click here for additional help]
- Specific picture descriptions: Photos above with "i" icons next to the bracketed sequence numbers (e.g. " ") are described as follows:
- TENLIB_200502_16.JPG: All DC Public Library locations will be
until further notice.
All Book Drops are locked.
Due dates for materials have been extended.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
- TENLIB_200502_19.JPG: St. Columba's Church
4201 Albemarle Street NW
The church is closed.
BUT the Water Ministry will be giving out home-cooked meals at the church door on Butterworth Place on Monday 16th and the rest of that week between 11:00 and 12:30 each day.
- Wikipedia Description: Tenley-Friendship Neighborhood Library
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Tenley-Friendship Neighborhood Library is a branch of the District of Columbia Public Library in the Tenleytown neighborhood of Washington, D.C. It is located at 4450 Wisconsin Avenue NW. A public library branch first opened in the area in 1926, and a library at the current site opened in 1960. A redesigned library branch was built at a cost of $18 million and opened in 2011. The Washington Post described the new library building, which featured a green roof and other sustainable-design features, as "one of the best things for D.C. in decades", though it experienced years of problems with a leaky roof.
- Bigger photos? To save server space, the full-sized versions of these images have either not been loaded to the server or have been removed from the server. (Only some pages are loaded with full-sized images and those usually get removed after three months.)
I still have them though. If you want me to email them to you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and I can email them to you, or, depending on the number of images, just repost the page again will the full-sized images.
- Connection Not Secure messages? Those warnings you get from your browser about this site not having secure connections worry some people. This means this site does not have SSL installed (the link is http:, not https:). That's bad if you're entering credit card numbers, passwords, or other personal information. But this site doesn't collect any personal information so SSL is not necessary. Life's good!
- Photo Contact: [Email Bruce Guthrie].