DC -- Penn Qtr -- Lansburgh Theatre: Shakespeare Theatre Company (450 7th St NW):
- Bruce Guthrie Photos Home Page: [Click here] to go to Bruce Guthrie Photos home page.
- Description of Pictures: Another BLM mural.
- Recognize anyone? If you recognize specific folks (or other stuff) and I haven't labeled them, please identify them for the world. Click the little pencil icon underneath the file name (just above the picture). Spammers need not apply.
- Copyrights: All pictures were taken by amateur photographer Bruce Guthrie (me!) who retains copyright on them. Free for non-commercial use with attribution. See the [Creative Commons] definition of what this means. "Photos (c) Bruce Guthrie" is fine for attribution. (Commercial use folks including AI scrapers can of course contact me.) Feel free to use in publications and pages with attribution but you don't have permission to sell the photos themselves. A free copy of any printed publication using any photographs is requested. Descriptive text, if any, is from a mixture of sources, quite frequently from signs at the location or from official web sites; copyrights, if any, are retained by their original owners.
- Spiders: The system has identified your IP as being a spider. I love well-behaved spiders! They are, in fact, how most people find my site. Unfortunately, my network has a limited bandwidth and pictures take up bandwidth. Spiders ask for lots and lots of pages and chew up lots and lots of bandwidth which slows things down considerably for regular folk. To counter this, you'll see all the text on the page but the images are being suppressed. Also, a number of options like merges are being blocked for you.
Note: Permission is NOT granted for spiders, robots, etc to use the site for AI-generation purposes. I'm excited for your ability to make revenue from my work but there's nothing in that for my human users or for me.
If you are in fact human, please email me at email@example.com and I can check if your designation was made in error. Given your number of hits, that's unlikely but what the hell.
- Help? The Medium (Email) links are for screen viewing and emailing. You'll want bigger sizes for printing. [Click here for additional help]
- Wikipedia Description: Harman Center for the Arts
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Harman Center for the Arts is a complex consisting of the Lansburgh Theatre (450 7th Street NW) and Sidney Harman Hall (SHH; at Sixth and F Streets NW) in downtown Washington, D.C., USA.
SHH is the latest addition to the existing Lansburgh Theatre to create the new "Center For the Arts". Construction began in November 2004 and it opened on September 15, 2007. Jack Diamond designed the theatre and Paul Beckmann of the DC firm Smithgroup designed the building that houses the theatre at a cost of $89 million. Both theatres are home to Washington, D.C.’s Shakespeare Theatre Company (STC), but the new theatre will extend its performance spaces to other local arts groups in the hope of broadening Washington’s appeal as an arts scene.
The Harman Center is named for the Harman family and former STC Board of Trustees member the late Sidney Harman, who provided much of the financial support for its construction. Michael Kahn, Artistic Director of the STC, serves as Artistic Director of the Harman Center.
The completion of the Harman Center allows the STC to expand its season to seven plays, four at SHH (which seats 755) and three at its current location, the Lansburgh Theatre (which seats 451), in addition to the Company’s annual Free For All, formerly held outdoors at Rock Creek Park’s Carter Barron Amphitheatre, but from 2009's production of The Taming of the Shrew, has been on the main stage at the Company's SHH in downtown Washington.
SHH will have multiple stage configurations making it adaptable to the needs of each performance while the Harman Center will make it possible to develop the existing STC's educational programs in order to reach even more local students. Performances and programs will be made more accessible with the availability of discounted tickets.
- Bigger photos? To save server space, the full-sized versions of these images have either not been loaded to the server or have been removed from the server. (Only some pages are loaded with full-sized images and those usually get removed after three months.)
I still have them though. If you want me to email them to you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and I can email them to you, or, depending on the number of images, just repost the page again will the full-sized images.
- Connection Not Secure messages? Those warnings you get from your browser about this site not having secure connections worry some people. This means this site does not have SSL installed (the link is http:, not https:). That's bad if you're entering credit card numbers, passwords, or other personal information. But this site doesn't collect any personal information so SSL is not necessary. Life's good!
- Photo Contact: [Email Bruce Guthrie].