DC -- Embassy of Malta:
- Bruce Guthrie Photos Home Page: [Click here] to go to Bruce Guthrie Photos home page.
- Recognize anyone? If you recognize specific folks (or other stuff) and I haven't labeled them, please identify them for the world. Click the little pencil icon underneath the file name (just above the picture). Spammers need not apply.
- Copyrights: All pictures were taken by amateur photographer Bruce Guthrie (me!) who retains copyright on them. Free for non-commercial use with attribution. See the [Creative Commons] definition of what this means. "Photos (c) Bruce Guthrie" is fine for attribution. (Commercial use folks including AI scrapers can of course contact me.) Feel free to use in publications and pages with attribution but you don't have permission to sell the photos themselves. A free copy of any printed publication using any photographs is requested. Descriptive text, if any, is from a mixture of sources, quite frequently from signs at the location or from official web sites; copyrights, if any, are retained by their original owners.
- Spiders: The system has identified your IP as being a spider. I love well-behaved spiders! They are, in fact, how most people find my site. Unfortunately, my network has a limited bandwidth and pictures take up bandwidth. Spiders ask for lots and lots of pages and chew up lots and lots of bandwidth which slows things down considerably for regular folk. To counter this, you'll see all the text on the page but the images are being suppressed. Also, a number of options like merges are being blocked for you.
Note: Permission is NOT granted for spiders, robots, etc to use the site for AI-generation purposes. I'm excited for your ability to make revenue from my work but there's nothing in that for my human users or for me.
If you are in fact human, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can check if your designation was made in error. Given your number of hits, that's unlikely but what the hell.
- Help? The Medium (Email) links are for screen viewing and emailing. You'll want bigger sizes for printing. [Click here for additional help]
- Specific picture descriptions: Photos above with "i" icons next to the bracketed sequence numbers (e.g. " ") are described as follows:
- EMBMAL_200614_12.JPG: Embassy of the Republic of Malta
This building in the historical district of Kalorama houses the Embassy and the Consulate of the Republic of Malta. It was built in 1903 on the plans of the noted American architect Waddy Butler Wood (1869-1944). In 1987 it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Wood is primarily known for designing banks and government buildings. His most renowned work is the Woodrow Wilson House and the United States Department of the Interior. Both buildings are in Washington D.C.
This house is actually a twin. Wood built two identical houses on Connecticut Avenue, on two adjacent plots, 2017 and 2019. These two identical houses are known historically as the Wood-Deming House. They are built in the style of Colonial Revival architecture.
Malta acquired the building in 1967, three years after its Independence.
The chancery is open from
Monday to Friday from 10 am to 4 pm
Tel: +1 202 462 3611
- Wikipedia Description: Embassy of Malta in Washington, D.C.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Embassy of Malta in Washington, D.C., is the Republic of Malta's diplomatic mission to the United States. It is located at 2017 Connecticut Avenue, N.W. in Washington, D.C.'s Kalorama neighborhood. The embassy also serves as the High Commission of Malta to Canada and the Bahamas.
The current ambassador is Pierre Clive Agius.
Built in 1903 to the designs of noted architect Waddy B. Wood, 2017 and 2019 Connecticut Avenue (historically known as the Wood-Deming Houses) are examples of Colonial Revival architecture.
The chancery is designated as a contributing property to the Kalorama Triangle Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1987.
- Bigger photos? To save server space, the full-sized versions of these images have either not been loaded to the server or have been removed from the server. (Only some pages are loaded with full-sized images and those usually get removed after three months.)
I still have them though. If you want me to email them to you, please send an email to email@example.com
and I can email them to you, or, depending on the number of images, just repost the page again will the full-sized images.
- Connection Not Secure messages? Those warnings you get from your browser about this site not having secure connections worry some people. This means this site does not have SSL installed (the link is http:, not https:). That's bad if you're entering credit card numbers, passwords, or other personal information. But this site doesn't collect any personal information so SSL is not necessary. Life's good!
- Photo Contact: [Email Bruce Guthrie].