Gaithersburg Book Festival (2019) -- Katherine Reynolds Lewis, Joy Thomas Moore (w/Holly Smith):
- GBF Home Page: [Click here] to go to the Gaithersburg Book Festival home page.
- Bruce Guthrie Photos Home Page: [Click here] to go to Bruce Guthrie Photos home page.
- Description of Pictures: Katherine Reynolds Lewis, Joy Thomas Moore -- Award-winning writers and parents themselves, Katherine Reynolds Lewis, a certified parent educator, and Joy Moore, a successful mother who raised her child without a partner, reveal their challenges and strategies for bringing up children to learn independence, responsibility, and right from wrong.
Katherine Reynolds Lewis
Latest Title: The Good News About Bad Behavior: Why Kids Are Less Disciplined Than Ever, And What to Do About It
Katherine Reynolds Lewis is an award-winning journalist based in the Washington, D.C., area, who regularly writes for the Atlantic, Fortune, USA Today’s magazines, The Washington Post and Working Mother. Her story about school discipline was Mother Jones‘ most-read article ever. She is a certified parent educator with the Parent Encouragement Program in Kensington, Md.
Joy Thomas Moore
Latest Title: The Power of Presence: Be a Voice in Your Child's Ear Even When You're Not with Them
Joy Thomas Moore is a Peabody Award winner and president and CEO of JWS Media Consulting. Prior to starting her consulting business full time, she worked for 15 years with the Annie E. Casey Foundation, located in Baltimore, Md. Before joining the Foundation in 1992, Joy was a television freelance writer and field producer for local and nationally syndicated programs in the New York City area. Earlier in her career, Joy served in a variety of editorial positions at WMAL-AM radio, the ABC-owned and operated station in Washington, D.C.
She has three grown children – including best-selling author, Wes Moore – two grandchildren and she resides in Pasadena, Md.
- Recognize anyone? If you recognize specific folks (or other stuff) and I haven't labeled them, please identify them for the world. Click the little pencil icon underneath the file name (just above the picture). Spammers need not apply.
- Copyrights: All pictures were taken by amateur photographer Bruce Guthrie (me!) who retains copyright on them. Free for non-commercial use with attribution. See the [Creative Commons] definition of what this means. "Photos (c) Bruce Guthrie" is fine for attribution. (Commercial use folks including AI scrapers can of course contact me.) Feel free to use in publications and pages with attribution but you don't have permission to sell the photos themselves. A free copy of any printed publication using any photographs is requested. Descriptive text, if any, is from a mixture of sources, quite frequently from signs at the location or from official web sites; copyrights, if any, are retained by their original owners.
- Spiders: The system has identified your IP as being a spider. I love well-behaved spiders! They are, in fact, how most people find my site. Unfortunately, my network has a limited bandwidth and pictures take up bandwidth. Spiders ask for lots and lots of pages and chew up lots and lots of bandwidth which slows things down considerably for regular folk. To counter this, you'll see all the text on the page but the images are being suppressed. Also, a number of options like merges are being blocked for you.
Note: Permission is NOT granted for spiders, robots, etc to use the site for AI-generation purposes. I'm excited for your ability to make revenue from my work but there's nothing in that for my human users or for me.
If you are in fact human, please email me at email@example.com and I can check if your designation was made in error. Given your number of hits, that's unlikely but what the hell.
- Help? The Medium (Email) links are for screen viewing and emailing. You'll want bigger sizes for printing. [Click here for additional help]
- Specific picture descriptions: Photos above with "i" icons next to the bracketed sequence numbers (e.g. " ") are described as follows:
- KLJM_190518_16.JPG: Joy Thomas Moore
- KLJM_190518_25.JPG: Katherine Reynolds Lewis, Joy Thomas Moore
- KLJM_190518_38.JPG: Katherine Reynolds Lewis
- KLJM_190518_41.JPG: Holly Smith
- KLJM_190518_55.JPG: Holly Smith, Katherine Reynolds Lewis, Joy Thomas Moore
- Bigger photos? To save server space, the full-sized versions of these images have either not been loaded to the server or have been removed from the server. (Only some pages are loaded with full-sized images and those usually get removed after three months.)
I still have them though. If you want me to email them to you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and I can email them to you, or, depending on the number of images, just repost the page again will the full-sized images.
- Connection Not Secure messages? Those warnings you get from your browser about this site not having secure connections worry some people. This means this site does not have SSL installed (the link is http:, not https:). That's bad if you're entering credit card numbers, passwords, or other personal information. But this site doesn't collect any personal information so SSL is not necessary. Life's good!
- Photo Contact: [Email Bruce Guthrie].