Gaithersburg Book Festival (2019) -- Gennifer Choldenko, Patti Kim:
- GBF Home Page: [Click here] to go to the Gaithersburg Book Festival home page.
- Bruce Guthrie Photos Home Page: [Click here] to go to Bruce Guthrie Photos home page.
- Description of Pictures: Gennifer Choldenko, Patti Kim -- In the fourth book in Choldenko's Alcatraz series, Moose's strong sense of responsibility motivates him to rescue his special needs sister from a dangerous situation. Set in a tight knit Korean Community, Kim's "I'm OK" shows the strength of community and how one young man can make a difference.
Latest Title: Al Capone Throws Me a Curve (Tales from Alcatraz)
With more than 2 million books sold, Gennifer Choldenko is best known for her “Tales from Alcatraz” series, which Kirkus called: “A cornerstone series in contemporary children’s literature.” “Al Capone Does My Shirts”was a Newbery Honor Book and the recipient of 20 other awards. “One-Third Nerd” is a Junior Library Guild selection and has received starred reviews from PW and Kirkus, which said: “Reminiscent of Judy Blume’s work, this endearing story will make many children laugh and allow some to see a part of themselves.” Gennifer lives in the San Francisco Bay area with her loyal husband and naughty dog.
Latest Title: I'm Ok
Born in Busan, South Korea, Patti Kim immigrated to the United States on Christmas Day 1974. Convinced at age five that she was a writer, she scribbled gibberish all over the pages of her mother’s Korean-English dictionary and got in big trouble for it. But that didn’t stop her from writing. She earned an MFA at the University of Maryland and went on to author “A Cab Called Reliable,” “Here I Am” and “I’m OK.” Her books are targeted for young adults, tweens and early readers. But truly, they’re for everyone. Currently working on a middle grade companion novel to “I’m OK,” she lives with her husband and two daughters and a ferocious terrier in University Park, Md.
- Recognize anyone? If you recognize specific folks (or other stuff) and I haven't labeled them, please identify them for the world. Click the little pencil icon underneath the file name (just above the picture). Spammers need not apply.
- Copyrights: All pictures were taken by amateur photographer Bruce Guthrie (me!) who retains copyright on them. Free for non-commercial use with attribution. See the [Creative Commons] definition of what this means. "Photos (c) Bruce Guthrie" is fine for attribution. (Commercial use folks including AI scrapers can of course contact me.) Feel free to use in publications and pages with attribution but you don't have permission to sell the photos themselves. A free copy of any printed publication using any photographs is requested. Descriptive text, if any, is from a mixture of sources, quite frequently from signs at the location or from official web sites; copyrights, if any, are retained by their original owners.
- Spiders: The system has identified your IP as being a spider. I love well-behaved spiders! They are, in fact, how most people find my site. Unfortunately, my network has a limited bandwidth and pictures take up bandwidth. Spiders ask for lots and lots of pages and chew up lots and lots of bandwidth which slows things down considerably for regular folk. To counter this, you'll see all the text on the page but the images are being suppressed. Also, a number of options like merges are being blocked for you.
Note: Permission is NOT granted for spiders, robots, etc to use the site for AI-generation purposes. I'm excited for your ability to make revenue from my work but there's nothing in that for my human users or for me.
If you are in fact human, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can check if your designation was made in error. Given your number of hits, that's unlikely but what the hell.
- Help? The Medium (Email) links are for screen viewing and emailing. You'll want bigger sizes for printing. [Click here for additional help]
- Specific picture descriptions: Photos above with "i" icons next to the bracketed sequence numbers (e.g. " ") are described as follows:
- GCPK_190518_062.JPG: Gennifer Choldenko
- GCPK_190518_083.JPG: Patti Kim
- Bigger photos? To save server space, the full-sized versions of these images have either not been loaded to the server or have been removed from the server. (Only some pages are loaded with full-sized images and those usually get removed after three months.)
I still have them though. If you want me to email them to you, please send an email to email@example.com
and I can email them to you, or, depending on the number of images, just repost the page again will the full-sized images.
- Featured Folk: Some of the people here can also be seen on other pages on this site.
- Choldenko, Gennifer appears on:
- Connection Not Secure messages? Those warnings you get from your browser about this site not having secure connections worry some people. This means this site does not have SSL installed (the link is http:, not https:). That's bad if you're entering credit card numbers, passwords, or other personal information. But this site doesn't collect any personal information so SSL is not necessary. Life's good!
- Photo Contact: [Email Bruce Guthrie].