CSIS -- Schieffer Series: The Iran Situation:
- Bruce Guthrie Photos Home Page: [Click here] to go to Bruce Guthrie Photos home page.
- Description of Pictures: Schieffer Series: The Iran Situation
Please join us for this season's first installment of the Schieffer Series, "The Iran Situation." In the wake of the investigations into the bombings of Saudi Arabian oil facilities last week, tensions have heightened between the United States, Saudi Arabia, and Iran, culminating in Iran threatening an ‘all-out war’ should the U.S. retaliate. CSIS's Seth Jones and Jon Alterman and the New York Times’ David Sanger join Bob Schieffer for a discussion about what happened and what may come next, including potential options for the Trump administration.
About the CSIS-TCU Schieffer Series
Hosted by CBS News legend and CSIS Trustee Bob Schieffer, the Schieffer Series features thoughtful panel discussions with senior officials, lawmakers, journalists, and policy experts to discuss global challenges and critical issues of national security and foreign policy.
Now in its 11th consecutive year, the Schieffer Series is produced by the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) in partnership with the Bob Schieffer College of Communication at Texas Christian University (TCU) in Fort Worth, Texas.
This series is made possible with the generous support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
For information or inquiries contact email@example.com.
* Bob Schieffer, CSIS Trustee
* Seth G. Jones, Harold Brown Chair; Director, Transnational Threats Project; and Senior Adviser, International Security Program
* Jon B. Alterman, Senior Vice President, Zbigniew Brzezinski Chair in Global Security and Geostrategy, and Director, Middle East Program
* David Sanger, The New York Times
- Recognize anyone? If you recognize specific folks (or other stuff) and I haven't labeled them, please identify them for the world. Click the little pencil icon underneath the file name (just above the picture). Spammers need not apply.
- Copyrights: All pictures were taken by amateur photographer Bruce Guthrie (me!) who retains copyright on them. Free for non-commercial use with attribution. See the [Creative Commons] definition of what this means. "Photos (c) Bruce Guthrie" is fine for attribution. (Commercial use folks including AI scrapers can of course contact me.) Feel free to use in publications and pages with attribution but you don't have permission to sell the photos themselves. A free copy of any printed publication using any photographs is requested. Descriptive text, if any, is from a mixture of sources, quite frequently from signs at the location or from official web sites; copyrights, if any, are retained by their original owners.
- Accessing as Spider: The system has identified your IP as being a spider.
IP Address: 22.214.171.124 -- Domain: Amazon Technologies
I love well-behaved spiders! They are, in fact, how most people find my site. Unfortunately, my network has a limited bandwidth and pictures take up bandwidth. Spiders ask for lots and lots of pages and chew up lots and lots of bandwidth which slows things down considerably for regular folk. To counter this, you'll see all the text on the page but the images are being suppressed. Also, some system options like merges are being blocked for you.
Note: Permission is NOT granted for spiders, robots, etc to use the site for AI-generation purposes. I'm sure you're thrilled by your ability to make revenue from my work but there's nothing in that for my human users or for me.
If you are in fact human, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can check if your designation was made in error. Given your number of hits, that's unlikely but what the hell.
- Help? The Medium (Email) links are for screen viewing and emailing. You'll want bigger sizes for printing. [Click here for additional help]
- Specific picture descriptions: Photos above with "i" icons next to the bracketed sequence numbers (e.g. " ") are described as follows:
- IRAN_190924_022.JPG: H. Andrew Schwartz (chief communications officer at the Center for Strategic and International Studies)
- IRAN_190924_031.JPG: Jon B. Alterman
- IRAN_190924_034.JPG: Bob Schieffer
- IRAN_190924_041.JPG: Seth G. Jones
- IRAN_190924_045.JPG: (left to right) Bob Schieffer, Seth G. Jones, Jon B. Alterman, David Sanger, H. Andrew Schwartz (at podium)
- IRAN_190924_072.JPG: David Sanger
- Bigger photos? To save server space, the full-sized versions of these images have either not been loaded to the server or have been removed from the server. (Only some pages are loaded with full-sized images and those usually get removed after three months.)
I still have them though. If you want me to email them to you, please send an email to email@example.com
and I can email them to you, or, depending on the number of images, just repost the page again will the full-sized images.
- Featured Folk: Some of the people here can also be seen on other pages on this site.
- Alterman, Jon appears on:
- Jones, Seth appears on:
- Sanger, David appears on:
- Schieffer, Bob appears on:
- Connection Not Secure messages? Those warnings you get from your browser about this site not having secure connections worry some people. This means this site does not have SSL installed (the link is http:, not https:). That's bad if you're entering credit card numbers, passwords, or other personal information. But this site doesn't collect any personal information so SSL is not necessary. Life's good!
- Photo Contact: [Email Bruce Guthrie].