DC -- Corcoran School of the Arts and Design -- Event: Valentine's Day:
- Bruce Guthrie Photos Home Page: [Click here] to go to Bruce Guthrie Photos home page.
- Description of Pictures: Looking for a free snack or a place to make a personalized card for your loved one? We've got you covered! This Valentine's Day (February 14), join the Corcoran for a celebration in the Flagg Atrium from 10 a.m. to noon, complete with coffee, donuts, Valentine's cookies and games! At this event, you'll also be able to make your own Valentine's Day cards and hang out with the visiting artists featured below.
- Recognize anyone? If you recognize specific folks (or other stuff) and I haven't labeled them, please identify them for the world. Click the little pencil icon underneath the file name (just above the picture). Spammers need not apply.
- Copyrights: All pictures were taken by amateur photographer Bruce Guthrie (me!) who retains copyright on them. Free for non-commercial use with attribution. See the [Creative Commons] definition of what this means. "Photos (c) Bruce Guthrie" is fine for attribution. (Commercial use folks including AI scrapers can of course contact me.) Feel free to use in publications and pages with attribution but you don't have permission to sell the photos themselves. A free copy of any printed publication using any photographs is requested. Descriptive text, if any, is from a mixture of sources, quite frequently from signs at the location or from official web sites; copyrights, if any, are retained by their original owners.
- Spiders: The system has identified your IP as being a spider. I love well-behaved spiders! They are, in fact, how most people find my site. Unfortunately, my network has a limited bandwidth and pictures take up bandwidth. Spiders ask for lots and lots of pages and chew up lots and lots of bandwidth which slows things down considerably for regular folk. To counter this, you'll see all the text on the page but the images are being suppressed. Also, a number of options like merges are being blocked for you.
Note: Permission is NOT granted for spiders, robots, etc to use the site for AI-generation purposes. I'm excited for your ability to make revenue from my work but there's nothing in that for my human users or for me.
If you are in fact human, please email me at email@example.com and I can check if your designation was made in error. Given your number of hits, that's unlikely but what the hell.
- Help? The Medium (Email) links are for screen viewing and emailing. You'll want bigger sizes for printing. [Click here for additional help]
- Specific picture descriptions: Photos above with "i" icons next to the bracketed sequence numbers (e.g. " ") are described as follows:
- OPENV_190214_74.JPG: Robin Bell
- Wikipedia Description: Corcoran School of the Arts and Design
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Corcoran School of the Arts and Design (known as the Corcoran School or CSAD) is the professional art school of the George Washington University, in Washington, DC. Founded in 1878, the school is housed in the Corcoran Gallery of Art, the oldest private cultural institution in Washington, located on The Ellipse, facing the White House. The Corcoran School is part of GW's Columbian College of Arts and Sciences and was formerly an independent college, until 2014.
- Bigger photos? To save server space, the full-sized versions of these images have either not been loaded to the server or have been removed from the server. (Only some pages are loaded with full-sized images and those usually get removed after three months.)
I still have them though. If you want me to email them to you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and I can email them to you, or, depending on the number of images, just repost the page again will the full-sized images.
- Featured Folk: Some of the people here can also be seen on other pages on this site.
- Bell, Robin appears on:
- 2023_DC_Grossinger_230723 Politics & Prose -- Ken Grossinger ("Art Works") w/Reverend Lennox Yearwood
- 2022_DC_Corc_Legacy DC -- Corcoran School of the Arts and Design -- Exhibit: Legacy: Fifty Years of Dance on the Edge
- 2021_DC_SIAIB_FuturesCR2_211120 DC -- Arts and Industries Bldg -- FUTURES -- Event: Opening Event ("Call and Response Concert") -- Everything except the outdoor concert
- 2021_DC_SIAIB_FuturesO_211119 DC -- Arts and Industries Bldg -- FUTURES -- Event: Opening Event ("Unexpected Conversations")
- 2021_DC_Accepted_211016 Double Exposure -- "Accepted" and Festival Closing Reception (@ Naval Heritage Center and Hotel Monaco)
- 2019_DC_Corc_Action DC -- Corcoran School of the Arts and Design -- Exhibit: A Time for Action: Washington Artists circa 1989
- 2019_DC_Corc_Open DC -- Corcoran School of the Arts and Design -- Exhibit: Open: An Installation by Robin Bell
- Connection Not Secure messages? Those warnings you get from your browser about this site not having secure connections worry some people. This means this site does not have SSL installed (the link is http:, not https:). That's bad if you're entering credit card numbers, passwords, or other personal information. But this site doesn't collect any personal information so SSL is not necessary. Life's good!
- Photo Contact: [Email Bruce Guthrie].