DC -- Temporary Signs:
- Bruce Guthrie Photos Home Page: [Click here] to go to Bruce Guthrie Photos home page.
- Description of Pictures: Including Facebook disclaimers and Reject Kavanagh signs near the Capitol.
- Recognize anyone? If you recognize specific folks (or other stuff) and I haven't labeled them, please identify them for the world. Click the little pencil icon underneath the file name (just above the picture). Spammers need not apply.
- Copyrights: All pictures were taken by amateur photographer Bruce Guthrie (me!) who retains copyright on them. Free for non-commercial use with attribution. See the [Creative Commons] definition of what this means. "Photos (c) Bruce Guthrie" is fine for attribution. (Commercial use folks including AI scrapers can of course contact me.) Feel free to use in publications and pages with attribution but you don't have permission to sell the photos themselves. A free copy of any printed publication using any photographs is requested. Descriptive text, if any, is from a mixture of sources, quite frequently from signs at the location or from official web sites; copyrights, if any, are retained by their original owners.
- Spiders: The system has identified your IP as being a spider. I love well-behaved spiders! They are, in fact, how most people find my site. Unfortunately, my network has a limited bandwidth and pictures take up bandwidth. Spiders ask for lots and lots of pages and chew up lots and lots of bandwidth which slows things down considerably for regular folk. To counter this, you'll see all the text on the page but the images are being suppressed. Also, a number of options like merges are being blocked for you.
Note: Permission is NOT granted for spiders, robots, etc to use the site for AI-generation purposes. I'm excited for your ability to make revenue from my work but there's nothing in that for my human users or for me.
If you are in fact human, please email me at email@example.com and I can check if your designation was made in error. Given your number of hits, that's unlikely but what the hell.
- Help? The Medium (Email) links are for screen viewing and emailing. You'll want bigger sizes for printing. [Click here for additional help]
- Specific picture descriptions: Photos above with "i" icons next to the bracketed sequence numbers (e.g. " ") are described as follows:
- SIGNS_180510_01.JPG: Escape to Prague
- SIGNS_180604_04.JPG: Fake news is not your friend.
Facebook is working hard to detect and reduce the spread of fake news. Because this is a place for friends, not for the things that get in the way.
- SIGNS_180614_09.JPG: Fake accounts are not your friends.
Facebook is disabling fake accounts. Because this is a place for friends, not for the things that get in the way.
[This sign was inside a Metro car.]
- SIGNS_180925_01.JPG: Kava Nope
[someone hand-wrote "Yep" on it]
- SIGNS_180925_05.JPG: Fight for Freedom
- SIGNS_180925_19.JPG: Roe V. Wade is More Popular Than Brett Kavanaugh
- SIGNS_180925_24.JPG: I Believe
Dr. Christine Blasey Ford
- SIGNS_180925_32.JPG: Fermentation without Representation
DC Brau Brewing Company
[This one was near the capital]
- SIGNS_181016_01.JPG: (brought to you by: Your moms owes me twenty)
And in other news...
... and just days after surfacing, it was this photograph that incited the GOP, in what came to be a (completely un-) shocking reversal of both policy & ideology, to vote unanimously, and in record time, to fund in full... nationwide.... and for all eternity, the offices of Planned Parenthood.
(paid for by: Richard Roundtree definitely slept with your moms)
- SIGNS_181016_09.JPG: This Sign is Equipped with a GPS Tracking Device
- SIGNS_181017_01.JPG: Pro-Rape Republicans Abuse Women
- SIGNS_181018_02.JPG: Put Country Over Party
- SIGNS_181023_02.JPG: Absurdly well loves you & $
- SIGNS_181025_06.JPG: Keep the Faith
And vote for science
- SIGNS_181025_09.JPG: Pray for all
And vote for science
- SIGNS_181025_15.JPG: Thank god
And vote for science
- SIGNS_181025_26.JPG: Hope for the best
And vote for science
- SIGNS_181101_01.JPG: Vote while you still can!
- SIGNS_181101_18.JPG: I Dissent
- SIGNS_181102_05.JPG: January 2, 2019 was Ryan Zinke's last day in office. You know Donnie's trying to find someone even worse to replace him. Sigh.
- SIGNS_181108_07.JPG: Some presumably pro-Trump folks went around and tore up the anti-Zinke posters.
- SIGNS_181108_22.JPG: Welcome to DC
You Are All So F-cked Productions Presents
Your rights * Your liberty * Your life!
The huge pussy look on your face reveals the suckah inside of ya
- SIGNS_181114_01.JPG: Not today Satan u can kiss my ass
- SIGNS_181114_04.JPG: Version of Banksy's shredded piece, done by @AbuEzza
- SIGNS_181114_22.JPG: Preserve urban culture [replaced by "Blight"]... the suburbanization of America is a plight [replaced by "Plot"] to wipe out our strongest roots in independence! [replaced by "Welfare Dependence"]
- SIGNS_181120_01.JPG: I am the NRA
The Washington Post
12 dead in Calif. bar shooting
Meanwhile, the Republican response:
We've begun the ritual: Tally the victims. Note the location -- this time, Thousand Oaks, California. Search for answers about the (white, male) shooter. And then it's time for Republicans to explain that the most important thing, now, is to "protect the Second Amendment." That's the first thing Senator-Elect Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee said when asked about the newest outbreak of American mass murder in an appearance on Fox News this morning.
- SIGNS_181211_09.JPG: Secretary Ryan Zinke FAILED
... to protect our national monuments.
- SIGNS_181211_12.JPG: Secretary Ryan Zinke FAILED
... to protect our public lands from drilling.
- SIGNS_181211_15.JPG: Secretary Ryan Zinke FAILED
... to work for all Americans, not just corporate special interests.
- SIGNS_181211_19.JPG: Secretary Ryan Zinke FAILED to #SaveLWCF
The Land and Water Conservation Fund -- America's most successful conservation program.
- SIGNS_181225_01.JPG: Save Our Vote
- SIGNS_181225_12.JPG: SaveOurVoteDC.org
- SIGNS_181225_29.JPG: Trumpthulu
U are Screwed America
- SIGNS_181229_01.JPG: 20% off w/govt. employee ID. Every day until the showdown ends! ... And
Mexico Merzi will pay for it!
- Bigger photos? To save server space, the full-sized versions of these images have either not been loaded to the server or have been removed from the server. (Only some pages are loaded with full-sized images and those usually get removed after three months.)
I still have them though. If you want me to email them to you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and I can email them to you, or, depending on the number of images, just repost the page again will the full-sized images.
- Connection Not Secure messages? Those warnings you get from your browser about this site not having secure connections worry some people. This means this site does not have SSL installed (the link is http:, not https:). That's bad if you're entering credit card numbers, passwords, or other personal information. But this site doesn't collect any personal information so SSL is not necessary. Life's good!
- Photo Contact: [Email Bruce Guthrie].