Natl Book Festival 2018 -- Kate DiCamillo and Harry Bliss:
- Bruce Guthrie Photos Home Page: [Click here] to go to Bruce Guthrie Photos home page.
- Description of Pictures: Kate DiCamillo
Kate DiCamillo is the beloved author of many books for children, including “Flora & Ulysses” and “The Tale of Despereaux,” both of which received Newbery Medals. Her most recent middle-grade novel, “Raymie Nightingale,” was an instant No. 1 New York Times best-seller and a National Book Award Finalist. She is also the author of “Because of Winn-Dixie,” a Newbery Honor Book; “The Tiger Rising,” a National Book Award Finalist; “The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane,” a No. 1 New York Times best-seller; and the “Mercy Watson” series, illustrated by Chris Van Dusen. She is the co-author with Alison McGhee of the “Bink” and “Gollie” series, illustrated by Tony Fucile. A former National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature with more than 22 million books in print worldwide, Kate DiCamillo lives in Minneapolis, where she faithfully writes two pages a day, five days a week. Her new book is “Good Rosie!” (Candlewick), illustrated by Harry Bliss.
Harry Bliss is a cartoonist and cover artist for The New Yorker. He has illustrated many picture books, including the No. 1 New York Times best-selling series by Doreen Cronin that began with “Diary of a Worm,” and he has both written and illustrated several picture books, including “Grace for Gus” and “Luke on the Loose.” Harry Bliss lives in New Hampshire. His new book is “Good Rosie!” (Candlewick), written by Kate DiCamillo.
- Recognize anyone? If you recognize specific folks (or other stuff) and I haven't labeled them, please identify them for the world. Click the little pencil icon underneath the file name (just above the picture). Spammers need not apply.
- Copyrights: All pictures were taken by amateur photographer Bruce Guthrie (me!) who retains copyright on them. Free for non-commercial use with attribution. See the [Creative Commons] definition of what this means. "Photos (c) Bruce Guthrie" is fine for attribution. (Commercial use folks including AI scrapers can of course contact me.) Feel free to use in publications and pages with attribution but you don't have permission to sell the photos themselves. A free copy of any printed publication using any photographs is requested. Descriptive text, if any, is from a mixture of sources, quite frequently from signs at the location or from official web sites; copyrights, if any, are retained by their original owners.
- Accessing as Spider: The system has identified your IP as being a spider.
IP Address: 126.96.36.199 -- Domain: Amazon Technologies
I love well-behaved spiders! They are, in fact, how most people find my site. Unfortunately, my network has a limited bandwidth and pictures take up bandwidth. Spiders ask for lots and lots of pages and chew up lots and lots of bandwidth which slows things down considerably for regular folk. To counter this, you'll see all the text on the page but the images are being suppressed. Also, some system options like merges are being blocked for you.
Note: Permission is NOT granted for spiders, robots, etc to use the site for AI-generation purposes. I'm sure you're thrilled by your ability to make revenue from my work but there's nothing in that for my human users or for me.
If you are in fact human, please email me at email@example.com and I can check if your designation was made in error. Given your number of hits, that's unlikely but what the hell.
- Help? The Medium (Email) links are for screen viewing and emailing. You'll want bigger sizes for printing. [Click here for additional help]
- Specific picture descriptions: Photos above with "i" icons next to the bracketed sequence numbers (e.g. " ") are described as follows:
- KDHB_180901_001.JPG: Kate DiCamillo and Harry Bliss
- KDHB_180901_034.JPG: Harry Bliss
- KDHB_180901_093.JPG: Kate DiCamillo
- AAA "Gem": AAA considers this location to be a "must see" point of interest. To see pictures of other areas that AAA considers to be Gems, click here.
- Bigger photos? To save server space, the full-sized versions of these images have either not been loaded to the server or have been removed from the server. (Only some pages are loaded with full-sized images and those usually get removed after three months.)
I still have them though. If you want me to email them to you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and I can email them to you, or, depending on the number of images, just repost the page again will the full-sized images.
- Featured Folk: Some of the people here can also be seen on other pages on this site.
- DiCamillo, Kate appears on:
- Connection Not Secure messages? Those warnings you get from your browser about this site not having secure connections worry some people. This means this site does not have SSL installed (the link is http:, not https:). That's bad if you're entering credit card numbers, passwords, or other personal information. But this site doesn't collect any personal information so SSL is not necessary. Life's good!
- Photo Contact: [Email Bruce Guthrie].