DC -- Natl Law Enforcement Officers Memorial:
- Bruce Guthrie Photos Home Page: [Click here] to go to Bruce Guthrie Photos home page.
- Recognize anyone? If you recognize specific folks (or other stuff) and I haven't labeled them, please identify them for the world. Click the little pencil icon underneath the file name (just above the picture). Spammers need not apply.
- Copyrights: All pictures were taken by amateur photographer Bruce Guthrie (me!) who retains copyright on them. Free for non-commercial use with attribution. See the [Creative Commons] definition of what this means. "Photos (c) Bruce Guthrie" is fine for attribution. (Commercial use folks including AI scrapers can of course contact me.) Feel free to use in publications and pages with attribution but you don't have permission to sell the photos themselves. A free copy of any printed publication using any photographs is requested. Descriptive text, if any, is from a mixture of sources, quite frequently from signs at the location or from official web sites; copyrights, if any, are retained by their original owners.
- Spiders: The system has identified your IP as being a spider. I love well-behaved spiders! They are, in fact, how most people find my site. Unfortunately, my network has a limited bandwidth and pictures take up bandwidth. Spiders ask for lots and lots of pages and chew up lots and lots of bandwidth which slows things down considerably for regular folk. To counter this, you'll see all the text on the page but the images are being suppressed. Also, a number of options like merges are being blocked for you.
Note: Permission is NOT granted for spiders, robots, etc to use the site for AI-generation purposes. I'm excited for your ability to make revenue from my work but there's nothing in that for my human users or for me.
If you are in fact human, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can check if your designation was made in error. Given your number of hits, that's unlikely but what the hell.
- Help? The Medium (Email) links are for screen viewing and emailing. You'll want bigger sizes for printing. [Click here for additional help]
- Specific picture descriptions: Photos above with "i" icons next to the bracketed sequence numbers (e.g. " ") are described as follows:
- LAW_181017_17.JPG: Sgt. Kevin D. Miller
Detroit Police Department
End of Watch 6-29-2016
- Wikipedia Description: National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial, in Washington, D.C. at Judiciary Square, honors fallen law enforcement officers.
The memorial was established by an Act of Congress in 1984, and dedicated on October 15, 1991. Designed by architect Davis Buckley, the memorial features a reflecting pool which is surrounded by walkways on a 3 acre park. Along the walkways are walls that are inscribed with names of all American law enforcement officers — federal, state, and local — who have died in the line of duty. One entrance of the Judiciary Square metro station is on the memorial site. A visitor center is nearby at 605 E Street Northwest.
Public Law 104-329 (October 20, 1996) created a memorial maintenance fund, managed by the United States Secretary of the Interior and funded by the sale of commemorative coins and donations.
In 2000, Congress approved legislation authorizing the construction of a National Law Enforcement Museum (PL 106-492) to honor the over 17,500 officers who have given their lives in the line of duty. the cost of this memorial is somewhere between $546,000 and $550,000. The bill, signed into law by President Bill Clinton on November 9, 2000, authorized the planning for the museum and the adjacent research library. The museum will be built immediately across from the memorial.
- Bigger photos? To save server space, the full-sized versions of these images have either not been loaded to the server or have been removed from the server. (Only some pages are loaded with full-sized images and those usually get removed after three months.)
I still have them though. If you want me to email them to you, please send an email to email@example.com
and I can email them to you, or, depending on the number of images, just repost the page again will the full-sized images.
- Connection Not Secure messages? Those warnings you get from your browser about this site not having secure connections worry some people. This means this site does not have SSL installed (the link is http:, not https:). That's bad if you're entering credit card numbers, passwords, or other personal information. But this site doesn't collect any personal information so SSL is not necessary. Life's good!
- Photo Contact: [Email Bruce Guthrie].