DC -- Temporary Signs:
- Bruce Guthrie Photos Home Page: [Click here] to go to Bruce Guthrie Photos home page.
- Recognize anyone? If you recognize specific folks (or other stuff) and I haven't labeled them, please identify them for the world. Click the little pencil icon underneath the file name (just above the picture). Spammers need not apply.
- Copyrights: All pictures were taken by amateur photographer Bruce Guthrie (me!) who retains copyright on them. Free for non-commercial use with attribution. See the [Creative Commons] definition of what this means. "Photos (c) Bruce Guthrie" is fine for attribution. (Commercial use folks including AI scrapers can of course contact me.) Feel free to use in publications and pages with attribution but you don't have permission to sell the photos themselves. A free copy of any printed publication using any photographs is requested. Descriptive text, if any, is from a mixture of sources, quite frequently from signs at the location or from official web sites; copyrights, if any, are retained by their original owners.
- Spiders: The system has identified your IP as being a spider. I love well-behaved spiders! They are, in fact, how most people find my site. Unfortunately, my network has a limited bandwidth and pictures take up bandwidth. Spiders ask for lots and lots of pages and chew up lots and lots of bandwidth which slows things down considerably for regular folk. To counter this, you'll see all the text on the page but the images are being suppressed. Also, a number of options like merges are being blocked for you.
Note: Permission is NOT granted for spiders, robots, etc to use the site for AI-generation purposes. I'm excited for your ability to make revenue from my work but there's nothing in that for my human users or for me.
If you are in fact human, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can check if your designation was made in error. Given your number of hits, that's unlikely but what the hell.
- Help? The Medium (Email) links are for screen viewing and emailing. You'll want bigger sizes for printing. [Click here for additional help]
- Specific picture descriptions: Photos above with "i" icons next to the bracketed sequence numbers (e.g. " ") are described as follows:
- SIGNS_170115_04.JPG: Barry Farms, one of the poorer areas of Anacostia, was scheduled for demolition and redevelopment.
- SIGNS_170118_06.JPG: The religious whackos have been present for awhile. This guy was a huge JC will smite you dead person. I presume he's a Trump supporter despite the Defy Tyrants thing. The guy seems to be living in the truck -- I saw him through the front windshield -- and he had a JC t-shirt on. I'm not religious but what little i know about Jesus suggests he'd pity, not support, a nut-job like this.
- SIGNS_170118_24.JPG: So, let's see...
Anti (white) child abuse.
You have the feeling that JC would in part hug the guy and in part kick him out of the temple.
- SIGNS_170118_52.JPG: You gotta love the
I'm Pro Choice "All who hate GOD love death."
It's interesting that he bases everything on the Old Testament but I'm presuming he's not Jewish. The god of the Old Testament is a vindictive dude. Not at all like the guy in the New Testament.
- SIGNS_170118_61.JPG: I Want YOU ... to go Vegan.
Join the Animals' Party! Sign up at PETA.org.
Courtney Stodden for Peta
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Courtney Alexis Stodden (born August 29, 1994) is an American reality show contestant, actress, model, recording artist and a national spokesperson for PETA, the animal rights activist organization.
After competing in beauty pageants in her home state of Washington, then 16-year-old Stodden came to international attention when she married then 50-year-old actor Doug Hutchison in 2011. The media attention surrounding Stodden and her marriage led to her appearing in numerous reality television series, including Couples Therapy (with Hutchison) and Celebrity Big Brother.
- SIGNS_170118_64.JPG: Resist Trump
Festival of Resistance
June 20th | Columbus Circle | 12pm
- SIGNS_170125_01.JPG: Don's Johns
Leading the Industry in Sanitation
And you know I love #1!
- SIGNS_170204_03.JPG: Read Me
"Love for your brother and sister what you love for yourself."
- SIGNS_170204_06.JPG: Militant Christian Media
- SIGNS_170217_04.JPG: Abortion Access is more popular than Donald Trump
70% believe women should have access to safe & legal abortions
43% approve of Donald Trump
Popular <> Right (slavery was popular)
- SIGNS_170227_11.JPG: Unfit
- SIGNS_170302_01.JPG: The truth is hard.
The truth is hidden.
The truth must be pursued.
The truth is hard to hear.
The truth is rarely simple.
The truth isn't so obvious.
The truth is necessary.
The truth can't be glossed over.
The truth has no agenda.
The truth can't be manufactured.
The truth doesn't take sides.
The truth isn't red or blue.
The truth is hard to accept.
The truth pulls no punches.
The truth is powerful.
The truth is under attack.
The truth is worth defending.
The truth requires taking a stand.
The truth is more important now than ever.
–The New York Times
- SIGNS_170427_01.JPG: Fight Back
Against Trump's 100 Days of Damage
Resist Trump's Attacks on the Planet
- SIGNS_170428_04.JPG: Have faith in love
- SIGNS_170502_01.JPG: List of things Capitalism Killed:
- SIGNS_170709_01.JPG: No thinking
24 hour video surveillance
Violators will be prosecuted
- SIGNS_170709_04.JPG: Thank you for not thinking
- SIGNS_170909_01.JPG: Quiet!
Know Your Place
Shut Your Face!
- SIGNS_170911_03.JPG: The Washington Post
State Department's 28 percent cuts hit foreign aid, UN and climate change
Need a Drink?
Hive Bar >>>
- SIGNS_170920_01.JPG: The Chinese-language sign for the 2017 presidential inauguration was still there, eight months to the day after the event.
- SIGNS_171007_05.JPG: Together
We can do it!
Smash white supremacy!
- SIGNS_171213_01.JPG: Senator, Chuck Schumer
Will you be a Dream Hero?!
- SIGNS_171213_10.JPG: Rep. Nancy Pelosi,
Will you be a Dream Hero?!
- Bigger photos? To save server space, the full-sized versions of these images have either not been loaded to the server or have been removed from the server. (Only some pages are loaded with full-sized images and those usually get removed after three months.)
I still have them though. If you want me to email them to you, please send an email to email@example.com
and I can email them to you, or, depending on the number of images, just repost the page again will the full-sized images.
- Connection Not Secure messages? Those warnings you get from your browser about this site not having secure connections worry some people. This means this site does not have SSL installed (the link is http:, not https:). That's bad if you're entering credit card numbers, passwords, or other personal information. But this site doesn't collect any personal information so SSL is not necessary. Life's good!
- Photo Contact: [Email Bruce Guthrie].