Newseum -- President and the Press: The First Amendment in the First 100 Days: Session 6 -- Brian Stelter, Carrie Budoff Brown, David Kirkpatrick, and Cecilia Vega:
- Bruce Guthrie Photos Home Page: [Click here] to go to Bruce Guthrie Photos home page.
- Description of Pictures: “The President and the Press: The First Amendment in the First 100 Days”
On Thursday, April 6, 2017, the Newseum will host “The President and the Press: The First Amendment in the First 100 Days,” a half-day forum that will explore the many facets of the relationship with the press in the critical first months of the Trump presidency. The program will be held at the Newseum and will feature one-on-one conversations, panel discussions, and individual presentations. Participants will explore pertinent challenges to the First Amendment, a free press, and protecting the free flow of information in a divided nation.
(Session 6) Future of News in a Divided and Connected World
* Brian Stelter (moderator), CNN
* Carrie Budoff Brown, POLITICO
* David Kirkpatrick, Founder, the Techonomy Conference
* Cecilia Vega, ABC News
- Recognize anyone? If you recognize specific folks (or other stuff) and I haven't labeled them, please identify them for the world. Click the little pencil icon underneath the file name (just above the picture). Spammers need not apply.
- Copyrights: All pictures were taken by amateur photographer Bruce Guthrie (me!) who retains copyright on them. Free for non-commercial use with attribution. See the [Creative Commons] definition of what this means. "Photos (c) Bruce Guthrie" is fine for attribution. (Commercial use folks including AI scrapers can of course contact me.) Feel free to use in publications and pages with attribution but you don't have permission to sell the photos themselves. A free copy of any printed publication using any photographs is requested. Descriptive text, if any, is from a mixture of sources, quite frequently from signs at the location or from official web sites; copyrights, if any, are retained by their original owners.
- Spiders: The system has identified your IP as being a spider. I love well-behaved spiders! They are, in fact, how most people find my site. Unfortunately, my network has a limited bandwidth and pictures take up bandwidth. Spiders ask for lots and lots of pages and chew up lots and lots of bandwidth which slows things down considerably for regular folk. To counter this, you'll see all the text on the page but the images are being suppressed. Also, a number of options like merges are being blocked for you.
Note: Permission is NOT granted for spiders, robots, etc to use the site for AI-generation purposes. I'm excited for your ability to make revenue from my work but there's nothing in that for my human users or for me.
If you are in fact human, please email me at email@example.com and I can check if your designation was made in error. Given your number of hits, that's unlikely but what the hell.
- Help? The Medium (Email) links are for screen viewing and emailing. You'll want bigger sizes for printing. [Click here for additional help]
- Specific picture descriptions: Photos above with "i" icons next to the bracketed sequence numbers (e.g. " ") are described as follows:
- PP6_170412_002.JPG: Brian Stelter (right)
- PP6_170412_009.JPG: Jeffrey Herbst
- PP6_170412_022.JPG: Carrie Budoff Brown, David Kirkpatrick, Cecilia Vega, Brian Stelter
- PP6_170412_043.JPG: Cecilia Vega
- PP6_170412_047.JPG: David Kirkpatrick
- PP6_170412_092.JPG: Carrie Budoff Brown
- PP6_170412_256.JPG: David Kirkpatrick
- Bigger photos? To save server space, the full-sized versions of these images have either not been loaded to the server or have been removed from the server. (Only some pages are loaded with full-sized images and those usually get removed after three months.)
I still have them though. If you want me to email them to you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and I can email them to you, or, depending on the number of images, just repost the page again will the full-sized images.
- Featured Folk: Some of the people here can also be seen on other pages on this site.
- Herbst, Jeffrey appears on:
- Kirkpatrick, David appears on:
- Stelter, Brian appears on:
- 2019_DC_Abramson_190213 Newseum -- Future of News w/Jill Abramson and Brian Stelter
- 2019_DC_Not_Enemy_190207 Newseum & Boston Globe -- President and the Press: #FreePress: Journalists Are Not the Enemy (w/Chuck Schumer, Marjorie Pritchard, Brian Stelter, Karen Attiah, and Marcela Garcia)
- 2013_DC_Stelter_130512 Newseum -- Inside Media w/Brian Stelter ("Top of the Morning")
- 2012_DC_Stelter_120513 Newseum -- Inside Media w/Brian Stelter (New Media)
- 2011_DC_Page1_110615 Newseum -- "Page One: Inside the New York Times" screening (w/David Carr, Brian Stelter, Lynn Sweet, Margaret Carlson, Marc Ambinder, Kate Novack, and Andrew Rossi)
- Connection Not Secure messages? Those warnings you get from your browser about this site not having secure connections worry some people. This means this site does not have SSL installed (the link is http:, not https:). That's bad if you're entering credit card numbers, passwords, or other personal information. But this site doesn't collect any personal information so SSL is not necessary. Life's good!
- Photo Contact: [Email Bruce Guthrie].