DC -- Temporary Signs:
- Bruce Guthrie Photos Home Page: [Click here] to go to Bruce Guthrie Photos home page.
- Description of Pictures: There was a whacko religious group that prophesied that the earth would end on May 21. Whoops... Afterward, they claimed there were false prophets and the actual demise of the earth would be on, oh, let's say October 21 instead. You have to wonder about folks like this.
From their site at http://www.2011judgementday.com/ :
Apology & Forgiveness
First of all, let me apologize to everyone for having said that there would be a huge earthquake and a literal rapture or catching up into heaven of God's people on May 21. Obviously, this did not happen. I have no pride in this issue. I was sincerely wrong at least in this respect, and for this, I ask your forgiveness in like manner to how the Lord Jesus Christ has already forgiven me. ...
I must still believe based on all the biblical proofs and evidences that, although May 21 was not the time of the literal earthquake or rapture, May 21 was the beginning of Judgment Day and the end of any possibility for salvation as we have always taught. I must also still believe that the world is set to be destroyed on October 21 as we have always taught. The biblical proofs in my mind are far too vast in support of these dates. Just because one piece of the puzzle - the literal earthquake simultaneously with the rapture - did not take place as thought (the rapture and earthquake are virtually one and the same event; they cannot be separated), it cannot by itself invalidate all the proofs, evidences, and signs in support of the biblical calendar of history, which has been under intense scrutiny now for about 40 years. It would not be wise to throw the baby out with the bath water as the saying goes, or throw out the almost completed puzzle because of one wrongly placed piece. I and thousands of others have not been able to legitimately find an error in the biblical calendar to date, and the ever growing multitude of logical number patterns discovered in the calendar have proved it to be quite accurate.
- Recognize anyone? If you recognize specific folks (or other stuff) and I haven't labeled them, please identify them for the world. Click the little pencil icon underneath the file name (just above the picture). Spammers need not apply.
- Copyrights: All pictures were taken by amateur photographer Bruce Guthrie (me!) who retains copyright on them. Free for non-commercial use with attribution. See the [Creative Commons] definition of what this means. "Photos (c) Bruce Guthrie" is fine for attribution. (Commercial use folks including AI scrapers can of course contact me.) Feel free to use in publications and pages with attribution but you don't have permission to sell the photos themselves. A free copy of any printed publication using any photographs is requested. Descriptive text, if any, is from a mixture of sources, quite frequently from signs at the location or from official web sites; copyrights, if any, are retained by their original owners.
- Spiders: The system has identified your IP as being a spider. I love well-behaved spiders! They are, in fact, how most people find my site. Unfortunately, my network has a limited bandwidth and pictures take up bandwidth. Spiders ask for lots and lots of pages and chew up lots and lots of bandwidth which slows things down considerably for regular folk. To counter this, you'll see all the text on the page but the images are being suppressed. Also, a number of options like merges are being blocked for you.
Note: Permission is NOT granted for spiders, robots, etc to use the site for AI-generation purposes. I'm excited for your ability to make revenue from my work but there's nothing in that for my human users or for me.
If you are in fact human, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can check if your designation was made in error. Given your number of hits, that's unlikely but what the hell.
- Help? The Medium (Email) links are for screen viewing and emailing. You'll want bigger sizes for printing. [Click here for additional help]
- Specific picture descriptions: Photos above with "i" icons next to the bracketed sequence numbers (e.g. " ") are described as follows:
- SIGNS_110527_03.JPG: Note the sticker with "Nope" written on it. It's hard to believe they actually paid for advertising for this event. Do you think they paid cash or did they do it on the installment plan figuring they wouldn't have to pay the bill when it came due?
- Bigger photos? To save server space, the full-sized versions of these images have either not been loaded to the server or have been removed from the server. (Only some pages are loaded with full-sized images and those usually get removed after three months.)
I still have them though. If you want me to email them to you, please send an email to email@example.com
and I can email them to you, or, depending on the number of images, just repost the page again will the full-sized images.
- Connection Not Secure messages? Those warnings you get from your browser about this site not having secure connections worry some people. This means this site does not have SSL installed (the link is http:, not https:). That's bad if you're entering credit card numbers, passwords, or other personal information. But this site doesn't collect any personal information so SSL is not necessary. Life's good!
- Photo Contact: [Email Bruce Guthrie].